Over the years I have received several questions from clients outside of the EU regarding the necessity of a residence permit (the official name for work permits in Norway) when the stay in Norway is for a short period of time. Typically the stay will be longer than a week, or two, but less than.. read more →

An employee working in Norway must pay tax in Norway on income and taxable benefits received for this work. The employees liability to pay tax in Norway on other income than income earned from working in Norway or received from Norwegian sources, will depend on whether the employee is considered a tax resident here. The.. read more →